Your new family dentist in Samford – specialising in preventative dental care.
Welcome to Samford Smiles, the brand new independant dental clinic, locally owned and operated by a most thorough and gentle family dentist in Samford ~ Dr Richard Outridge B.D.Sc (QLD).
Samford locals who have lived in the Samford Valley for 25+ years, Richard and Melanie are proud to be setting up their new dental practice in the Village. Samford locals may already know Melanie as she worked here as a Pharmacist for many years. Richard is a family dentist with many years’ experience, yet is still as passionate as ever about dentistry and in particular, long-term preventative dental care.
As proficient and gentle as he is at such procedures as tooth restoration, replacement of missing teeth, tooth extraction, treatment of gum disease, caring for dentures and so forth, one of Richard’s real strengths is preventative dentistry. He firmly believes that most dental problems can be avoided, and he’d be more than happy to only see you just twice a year for your recommended dental check-up by him and a thorough teeth cleaning by a Dental Hygienist (or even just once a year if you succeed in maintaining a low-risk mouth.)
Having said that, Samford Smiles is not the type of dental clinic that will lecture you and make you feel guilty. On the contrary. All that would do is make you unhappy and we’d much rather see you smile – often and confidently. With that in mind, here’s something that will really make you smile…
FULL ONE-HOUR INITIAL DENTIST APPOINTMENT!
Richard likes to take his time getting to know both you and your ‘pearly whites’ properly, by conducting a thorough examination. That is why we’re offering you an appointment up to a full hour in the dental chair the first time you visit Samford Smiles. That will give Richard ample time to thoroughly but gently examine your teeth and mouth. There will even be time to have a break every now and then if you require, because we want you to be as relaxed and comfortable as possible. During this comprehensive initial consultation, we will take photos and x-rays (if necessary) with our digital x-ray equipment which has a lower radiation dose compared to older style x-ray equipment. Furthermore, because we want you to be fully involved in your treatment plan, we encourage you to ask questions. So at this initial consult we will talk to you about what you want to achieve, as well as:
- Point things out to you using our modern intra-oral cameras, so you too can see any actual problems and learn what’s involved with your treatment
- Make sure you fully understand ALL your options
- Offer a personalized comprehensive treatment plan
- Include costings so you know where you stand (or sit, as the case may be!)
- Plan treatment at a pace that suits you AND your budget.
Preventative Dental Care
Restorations – (White Fillings)
Replacement of missing teeth
Treatment of gum disease
Children’s Dental Care
10 benefits of making Samford Smiles YOUR family dentist.
- You’ll see the same dentist – Richard Outridge – every time, so you’ll enjoy consistent treatment.
- We perform dental procedures gently; people often comment that they appreciate how gentle we always are.
- Child-friendly. Richard’s team will help your kids learn to love going to the dentist for regular hygiene visits.
- Proactive with seniors. For example, we’ll offer advice on how to avoid dental problems that may result from some medications.
- With 20 years as an army dentist and a further 20 years in private practice, Richard is a dentist, NOT a salesman. He is concerned about your teeth… hence his push for preventative dental care. He will be the first to admit that not everyone needs extra fluoride.
- He understands all facets of dentistry, from tooth extraction to dental implants and dentures.
- His experience means he can diagnose quickly and accurately, and he has a deep understanding of all options.
- He keeps totally up to date with state-of-the-art procedures including contemporary crowns and bridges, porcelain veneers, partial dentures, restorative materials, and more — all made locally by a premier Brisbane dental laboratory.
- Richard and Melanie live locally, so you can be sure they’ll look after you – like a friendly neighbour. Naturally, they will warmly welcome patients travelling from further afield.
- Our goal is to CARE for you:
- Co-diagnosis of your dental concerns and goals
- Assist and educate to help you achieve good oral health
- Review evidence–based treatment options regularly
- Exhibit complete professionalism, integrity, and compassion in all our actions.
OUR BRAND NEW SAMFORD DENTAL CLINIC IS NOW OPEN!
Call 3289 1900 to make your appointment today with your local family dentist, Dr Richard Outridge.
Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch.
Opening Hours (Appointments necessary*)
Monday – Wednesday: 8:30am – 5:30pm
Thursday: 10:00am – 8:00pm
Saturday: Open – Strictly By Appointment – on 1st Saturday of month only: 8:30am – 12:30pm
If you are a patient of the practice, in the event of an after hours emergency, you should ring Dr Outridge on 0428 894 330. We promise that you will be seen as soon as practical and possible.